Saturday, October 1, 2011

Warrior Dash!

We took tons of pics with my sister's waterproof camera, but we haven't been able to upload them anywhere yet. This was fun and messy was mandatory.

The Virginia Warrior Dash was an obstacle course race that took place on a historic plantation In the countryside between Williamsburg and Richmond. My three siblings and I ran through cornfields, woods, grass, mud, over wrecked cars, climbed ropes, and jumped over fire. I was especially excited about the scenery since I've been living in a city for so long! At one point we trudged along the James River bank with our shoes getting sucked into the soft clay riverbed. There were nothing but trees for miles lining the banks.

We had to swim across a stream at one point! The water was six feet deep with logs in it! We got covered head to toe with mud and everyone swam in the river to rinse it off after. We didn't make the best time as far as the whole "dash" part of it and I didn't do all the obstacles (can't visit the sloths if I break a bone) but we had lots of laughs. As Michael said after climbing a 15 foot rope and down the other side of the wall, "I can't believe I just did that!"

I can't wait to show everyone the pictures!





We are not a very athletic people so I'm proud of us for doing it at all. After the race we went back to doing what we do best -eating Chinese takeout and watching movies.

Good times.

Location:Newport News,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment